Tuesday 23 November 2010

Ike Yard

I was searching through some other peoples blogs and realised that I am not the only person heavily into synths and obscure 80s bands. There are more out there! For example, ether^ra, where I discovered a totally new [to me] obscure 80s band called Ike Yard. Theres a great interview with one of them over on bleep. Anyway, I find their music really inspiring, blending experimental electronics, cool vocals and top notch early 80s studio production (think: Hannett) into a very unique sound. Theres a reissue of some early stuff, find out more here

Synths used: Korg (MS-20, MS-50, SQ-10, VC-10), Roland (TR-909, TR-606, TR 808, TB-303, MC-202, CSQ-600), Arp (Solus, Axxe), the EMS Synthi-AKS, and the Buchla Modular 112 keyboard controller


Listen to 'Dancing and Slaving':



3 comments:

  1. hey glad you found IKe Yard Zagoba- the new 10" and album Nord are out !

    SA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention...I'm enjoying your blog greatly...keep up the great work...J. Potter/ether^ra

    ReplyDelete