Tuesday 5 October 2010

Dangerous Dancing

I discovered this band today. I was listening to the first Disco Not Disco album, which is admittedly pretty mixed-quality when it comes to electronic music. But Liaisons Dangereuses really stood out, so I investigated further and discovered that they practically invented EBM, or at least perfectly embodied it. The debut self-titled album came out in 1981, and was put together by Conny Plank. One day I will write a book about him, unless someone else beats me to it. This video is from 1981. The audience don't seem to get it

2 comments:

  1. quite futuristic for that time

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like 'Liaisons Dangereuses' you will also like 'Crash Course In Science', also from around the same time (79 - 81), from New York.

    I too would love to write a book about Conny Plank - or at least read one. Have you heard some of the stuff he did with people like Moebius and Holger Czukay? 'Zero Set' and 'Les Vampyrettes' are stand-outs.

    ReplyDelete